Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I love the Library!

Now more than ever (since I can finally drive!), I've borrowed a lot of books from the library. It finally came to a point where I could not request for holds because I maxed them out...hehehe...but I just love the library! I love the Cupertino Library because they're pretty quick with answering holds. I don't know if volunteers do it or their staff are just quick. Now I know why they are no. 1 in the Santa Clara county area. They are just great! Also, I think it has something to do with the fact that a lot of people, and I mean a lot from the Cupertino area really take time to go to the library. Last year, I had kids who told me that one of their favorite things to do during the weekend was to borrow books from the library. And they got that because of their parents. Not surprisingly, their parents were Asian...hmm...is there a trend here?

The next library that I love would be the King library because of their huge collection of books that I use as reference for my online classes. Sure, online books are good but there's nothing like the feel of a book not to mention less strain on the eyes.

I cannot help but compare both of these libraries though. Well, the West Valley library since that is where I pick up my books. I don't drive all the way down to the busy downtown San Jose just to get books. I must say that I am still not too keen on the West Valley library because of the experience that I had the first time that I was going to get a book that I had on hold. First, they have this sort of weird system of putting holds together. Up until now, I am not sure whether its by last name or by date from which the media is available. Hm....so just to be sure I scour my last name and then look at other sections when I have more books to take out. The second reason was that very unfriendly Asian girl who works at the West Valley library. The lady at the information was very helpful but she was just mean! Like a tiger about to eat a prey. I understand that they were closing but I was only asking a question, which by the way she did not answer! But she was just mean, mean! I am a taxpayer for the city of San Jose and I would just hate that those hard-earned tax dollars pay for her meanness. I hope she doesn't perpetuate it to other hapless and unsuspecting people like me, who just wants to know, what the heck is your system? Looking back, how did I figure out Cupertino? Simple, there was an explanation at the side of the reserves section. Duh....I can read...why don't they post the same thing in San Jose? I have yet to see that mean girl again and if I do, I will take her name and just drop a word or two about her meanness. No one should be treated that way, especially for someone who works in a public library.

Still, Cupertino is my favorite library. I just wish though that they had more references that I get from the San Jose public libraries. But still, she was mean mean mean!!!!!



Powered by ScribeFire.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

pinyapol.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

Unknown said...

uggs on sale, louis vuitton outlet, chanel handbags, louboutin pas cher, nike free, nike roshe run, louboutin outlet, louis vuitton, sac longchamp, louis vuitton, christian louboutin outlet, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, nike outlet, nike air max, longchamp, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, burberry, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, ugg boots, louboutin shoes, michael kors, louboutin, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, ralph lauren pas cher, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, prada handbags, ray ban sunglasses, air max, prada outlet, nike free, replica watches, louis vuitton, longchamp pas cher, replica watches, tiffany jewelry, polo ralph lauren outlet, gucci outlet, air jordan pas cher

Unknown said...

giuseppe zanotti, nike roshe, longchamp, nike trainers, reebok shoes, timberland boots, lancel, abercrombie and fitch, converse outlet, mont blanc, hollister, ferragamo shoes, hollister, ralph lauren, p90x workout, nike air max, babyliss, beats by dre, vans, iphone cases, chi flat iron, nike air max, nfl jerseys, mcm handbags, lululemon, ray ban, wedding dresses, louboutin, valentino shoes, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, herve leger, hollister, celine handbags, nike huarache, asics running shoes, soccer shoes, new balance, oakley, ghd, instyler, gucci, north face outlet, insanity workout, baseball bats, vans shoes, jimmy choo shoes, north face outlet, mac cosmetics, birkin bag

Unknown said...

pandora jewelry, canada goose uk, canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, moncler outlet, ugg boots uk, bottes ugg, replica watches, pandora charms, moncler, links of london, swarovski, hollister, thomas sabo, moncler, barbour jackets, canada goose outlet, barbour, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, toms shoes, canada goose, moncler, louis vuitton, moncler, doudoune canada goose, wedding dresses, pandora charms, karen millen, ugg pas cher, juicy couture outlet, moncler, coach outlet, sac louis vuitton pas cher, canada goose outlet, pandora jewelry, moncler, supra shoes, marc jacobs, montre pas cher, moncler, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, swarovski crystal