Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving

Last year was the first time that I celebrated Thanksgiving here. There's no equivalent to Thanksgiving back home. So I was fascinated with all the tales of the turkey, cranberries, stuffing, etc. I had the opportunity to take part in Tita Novelle's Thanksgiving celebration. It was very interesting, it had both the touch of the American way of Thanksgiving and Tita Novelle's with the paksiw na bangus, yum and was that dinuguan? Well, something really sumptuous that only Pinoys could stand to look at and eat. I was apprehensive at first because other than Tita Novelle, I didn't really know anyone there. I liked the fact that I wasn't just a guest but I helped prepare the appetizers. It was easy work and I felt quite useful. Hehehe...I didn't just go there to eat but to help out as well.

It was interesting to see her family, well, her husband's side anyways. I think the best part was that after all that eating, Tita Novelle still managed to set aside Filipino food that we could enjoy silently in the kitchen. Of course, we couldn't really hide it, hehehe...plus I got to take home some of the food. I think that's Tita Novelle's style. You never go home empty handed.

This year, I am thankful for a lot of things.
I am thankful for my family who remained strong despite what has happened and to see things in a new perspective.
I am thankful that I have a job that is challenging and hopefully, I will still have that job next year.
I am thankful for my colleagues who I feel support me, despite my shortcomings.
Most of all, I am thankful for the people who love me. I wouldn't be here without them.
I am thankful for many many things this year! And that is why I am looking forward to next year...because it can only get better!



Powered by ScribeFire.

5 comments:

Achi Bum said...

happy thanksgiving! this year certainly brought new perspective to our family.

rob said...

Happy Thanksgiving Karen. We all have had a lot to be thankful for this year, health and the love of good friends among them. may it always continue

Rob
XXX

Unknown said...

uggs on sale, louis vuitton outlet, chanel handbags, louboutin pas cher, nike free, nike roshe run, louboutin outlet, louis vuitton, sac longchamp, louis vuitton, christian louboutin outlet, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, nike outlet, nike air max, longchamp, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, burberry, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, ugg boots, louboutin shoes, michael kors, louboutin, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, ralph lauren pas cher, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, prada handbags, ray ban sunglasses, air max, prada outlet, nike free, replica watches, louis vuitton, longchamp pas cher, replica watches, tiffany jewelry, polo ralph lauren outlet, gucci outlet, air jordan pas cher

Unknown said...

giuseppe zanotti, nike roshe, longchamp, nike trainers, reebok shoes, timberland boots, lancel, abercrombie and fitch, converse outlet, mont blanc, hollister, ferragamo shoes, hollister, ralph lauren, p90x workout, nike air max, babyliss, beats by dre, vans, iphone cases, chi flat iron, nike air max, nfl jerseys, mcm handbags, lululemon, ray ban, wedding dresses, louboutin, valentino shoes, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, herve leger, hollister, celine handbags, nike huarache, asics running shoes, soccer shoes, new balance, oakley, ghd, instyler, gucci, north face outlet, insanity workout, baseball bats, vans shoes, jimmy choo shoes, north face outlet, mac cosmetics, birkin bag

Unknown said...

pandora jewelry, canada goose uk, canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, moncler outlet, ugg boots uk, bottes ugg, replica watches, pandora charms, moncler, links of london, swarovski, hollister, thomas sabo, moncler, barbour jackets, canada goose outlet, barbour, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, toms shoes, canada goose, moncler, louis vuitton, moncler, doudoune canada goose, wedding dresses, pandora charms, karen millen, ugg pas cher, juicy couture outlet, moncler, coach outlet, sac louis vuitton pas cher, canada goose outlet, pandora jewelry, moncler, supra shoes, marc jacobs, montre pas cher, moncler, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, swarovski crystal