Thursday, November 19, 2009

November!

Half of November is gone and what have I done? Well, mostly work work and work. I'm just glad to have ticked off a couple of IEPs for November just to get it over and done with. Well, for now. Last year, I didn't realize the busiest time of the year was the end of the year when I did transition IEPs, report cards, progress reports, ESY documents, etc. But at the end of it all, there's nothing like a desk that you can actually see (at least the surface) and papers and files put away for the summer and ready and waiting for August again.

I admit that last year was definitely challenging (and I won't detail the how's and why's but suffice to say it was mostly people related challenges). This year, although it continues to be a challenge, I am thrilled by the fact that I am starting to think about what I can do for the kids that I have other than working on their curriculum but also making materials for them that is related to their IEPs as well as independent work that they can do. Again, there are a lot of ideas swirling in my mind, and no, I am not reinventing the wheel, but I didn't realize the resources that I have, or could have if given the time. Definitely I will start writing them down so that during the summer, when I only have to work half of the day,  I can start working on these ideas. Hopefully, if I am still here next year, despite the budget cuts, I will have made something meaningful for the children and something that I have invested on and can take me whereever I go. But I am just thrilled and looking forward to using these resources and using my most beloved, laminator! I just love it. If I had all the time in the world, I would be laminating everything in sight. But since I don't, I just laminate what I can when I need it.

And now that it is almost December, it is now time to work on my report cards. I feel stressed out just thinking about it and reading posts by my fellow teachers about how they have started it but I know that the first step is almost always starting it. So I all I have to do is take the bull by the horns so speak and actually follow my own advice!



Powered by ScribeFire.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

uggs on sale, louis vuitton outlet, chanel handbags, louboutin pas cher, nike free, nike roshe run, louboutin outlet, louis vuitton, sac longchamp, louis vuitton, christian louboutin outlet, jordan shoes, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, nike outlet, nike air max, longchamp, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, burberry, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, ugg boots, louboutin shoes, michael kors, louboutin, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, ralph lauren pas cher, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet, prada handbags, ray ban sunglasses, air max, prada outlet, nike free, replica watches, louis vuitton, longchamp pas cher, replica watches, tiffany jewelry, polo ralph lauren outlet, gucci outlet, air jordan pas cher

Unknown said...

giuseppe zanotti, nike roshe, longchamp, nike trainers, reebok shoes, timberland boots, lancel, abercrombie and fitch, converse outlet, mont blanc, hollister, ferragamo shoes, hollister, ralph lauren, p90x workout, nike air max, babyliss, beats by dre, vans, iphone cases, chi flat iron, nike air max, nfl jerseys, mcm handbags, lululemon, ray ban, wedding dresses, louboutin, valentino shoes, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, herve leger, hollister, celine handbags, nike huarache, asics running shoes, soccer shoes, new balance, oakley, ghd, instyler, gucci, north face outlet, insanity workout, baseball bats, vans shoes, jimmy choo shoes, north face outlet, mac cosmetics, birkin bag

Unknown said...

pandora jewelry, canada goose uk, canada goose, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, moncler outlet, ugg boots uk, bottes ugg, replica watches, pandora charms, moncler, links of london, swarovski, hollister, thomas sabo, moncler, barbour jackets, canada goose outlet, barbour, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, canada goose, toms shoes, canada goose, moncler, louis vuitton, moncler, doudoune canada goose, wedding dresses, pandora charms, karen millen, ugg pas cher, juicy couture outlet, moncler, coach outlet, sac louis vuitton pas cher, canada goose outlet, pandora jewelry, moncler, supra shoes, marc jacobs, montre pas cher, moncler, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, swarovski crystal