Saturday, September 19, 2009

Driving = Freedom

I had my second driving lesson last week. I am thinking that I am getting better. At least I hope so! I am trying, oh so hard!

The second day was definitely better than the first time. For one, I felt more relaxed and I actually enjoyed being behind the wheel. Looking at the road in front of me, at the signs, at the traffic light and at the people / pedestrians. Of course, I still have my usual turning problems or stopping instead of just going problem. I guess coming from a place where there are different rules, its just a habit that's difficult to break. But what the heck, I will do what it takes to try to pass the DMV test.

I can only imagine the things that I can do when I can drive. For one, I don't have to wake up sooo early just to catch the bus. I imagine, I will still go to work early, I love the fact that when I get there, there's only a few people around and you have time to think and plan what you want to do for the day.

Then, I can go back to school and start working on my credentials. That's the ultimate goal that I have when I learn to drive. I am counting the days and hours when I can finally take the test, or die trying! It'll feel infinitely loads better, for me! Not to mention more convenient! No more lugging around huge bags from Target or Walgreens or Trader Joe's. I won't have to wait for 20 minutes or so or worry that I actually had missed the bus. Oh well.

Hmm....better think good thought then so it'll all come back to me!!!



Powered by ScribeFire.